Putting yourself first is not a luxury – it’s a way to a healthier life!
Pregnancy massage is a time to pause and acknowledge the physical, emotional and mental changes that occur during pregnancy. Not every pregnancy is the same, so treatment is tailored to suit the needs of mum-to-be. This specialised treatment uses techniques specific to the common musculoskeletal issues that are unique to pregnancy, while also promoting relaxation and enhancing the mother-baby connection.
What are the benefits?
- Reduced back and joint pain, making you feel more comfortable as your baby develops
- Improved circulation and blood supply for your baby
- Reduced oedema and swelling, creating a feeling of lightness
- Reduced muscle tension and headaches
- Reduced stress and anxiety, as massage soothes the nervous system and boosts mood
- Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles
- Better sleep
A soothing and nurturing treatment
The comfort of the mother-to-be is paramount and as such, treatment is performed side-lying, with pillows for support at the head and legs and a Denton’s pillow placed under the belly. From a side lying position, the massage therapist has access to the back, hips and glutes which are commonly sore and tense during pregnancy.
Find relief from common discomforts experienced during pregnancy
- muscular discomforts, lower-back pain, upper-back pain, neck pain
- leg cramps
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- oedema of the lower extremities
- sacroiliac and hip joint pain
Ensuring the comfort of mum and baby are the number one priorities when providing a pregnancy treatment. The treatment will only begin when mum and baby feel comfortable on the table.
Coordinating your massage treatment with your GP, OB/GYN or midwife appointments ensures that we can provide you with the best treatment relative to you and your baby’s development.
New Clients – 75 Minutes $135 (inl GST)
Return Clients – 60 Minutes $110 (inl GST)| 90 Minutes $160 (inl GST)
Need more information?
Read about the benefits of pregnancy massage in this blog post!
For more information , please call us on 0407 512 009, or book now!
Need a Massage? Save Time, Book Online!